The Intermediate course is the stepping stone to the advanced level of Spoken English. We explore the culture, literature and history of English speaking countries through our lessons . By the end of the course our students are able to make more complex sentences, engage in lively debates, express their opinions in group discussions and make presentations.
The course enables our students to appreciate various aspects of the language and offer opinions as well as reviews of works in English – literature, cinema, poetry, art and architecture. Students at this point are fluent and can express themselves clearly with regards to their preferences, opinions and observations.
The grammatical elements covered are:
- Adjectives vs. adverbs of manner
- Adjectives prefixes
- Present perfect statements
- Present perfect and past simple
- Used to and would
- Verbs let, make, help, have,get, want, ask, tell
- Review of countable and uncountable nouns
- The future tense with will, be going to, the present continuous and present simple
- Uses of had better, ought to, might want to give advice
- Using would rather to take about preferences
- Subject relative clauses
- Object relative clauses
- Phrasal verbs
- Conditional sentences
- Questions within sentences
- Present perfect continuous
- Since, for and in for duration
- Already, still, yet with present perfect
- Modal verbs must, may, might, can't, could
- The simple past passive
The vocabulary covered is:
- Personal qualities
- Past participles of irregular verbs
- Buildings and structures
- Natural features
- Types of families
- Relatives and extended family members
- Containers and quantities
- Describing relationships
- Electronic gadgets and machines
- Kinds of movies and expressions to describe movies
- Feelings and reactions
- Extreme weather conditions
- Natural disasters
-Assignments at the end of every session to create and review text and expression.
-Further developing listening and speaking skills.
-Understanding idioms and literary devices and cultural relevance of certain expressions.
-Preparing students for the advanced level.
REGISTER FOR A COURSE